While your teeth were designed in such a way they can last a lifetime, there are instances when they are incapable of fulfilling this promise. This usually happens if you have missing teeth. In this case, you may encounter problems in chewing. Not replacing them right away can also cause the loss of your other teeth. This can further lead to chipped and crowded teeth.
If missing teeth is your primary concern, then dental implants can help you. This article will provide information about the specific advantages that you can enjoy from getting a dental implant.
1. Makes You Feel and Look Better: Since dental implants help preserve bone, and prevent your facial structure from deteriorating, you can expect them to help enhance the way you look. If most of your natural teeth are missing, or get severely compromised, your jawbone will be left with nothing to use to properly stimulate the bone growth. This can lead to facial structure deterioration, which is often characterized by folded lips, shriveled lowered face and wrinkles around your mouth. This can make you look older than your age. With the help of dental implants, you can avoid such problem. You can bring back your youthful and beautiful smile.
2. Improves Your Confidence: Dental implants can also bring back your confidence since they can make you feel better, and look younger, and more beautiful. Aside from your enhanced appearance, you can also eat any food without hassle, and smile and laugh without feeling uncomfortable. Dental implants feel and look like your natural teeth, so there is no need to feel embarrassed or uncomfortable when eating, smiling, talking or laughing. They can help bring out a more confident and better you.
3. Preserves Natural Tooth Tissues and Bones: Your dental implant can help you preserve the natural appearance of your teeth, since there is no need to cut your remaining teeth to bridge any gap. It also preserves the delicate bones supporting your teeth and gums, while also significantly reducing bone deterioration and resorption, which will reduce the size of your jawbone.
4. Offers a Long-Term Solution to Common Dental Problems: Most dental implants are built to last, making them effective, long-term solutions to the most common issues associated to dental and oral health. While they still require periodic adjustments, you can expect them to last a lifetime if you properly take care of them.
5. Guarantees Zero Cavities: You cannot expect cavities to form in a crown restored by an implant, or in a replacement tooth. However, it is still crucial to consult your dentist regularly, so your implants will receive proper care and maintenance.
Aside from the five benefits that were already mentioned, dental implants are also beneficial because they are more convenient to wear than other dental equipment. You no longer need to feel embarrassed or uncomfortable, since there is no need to remove your dental implants. You do not also need to use messy adhesives to keep your replacement teeth in place.