Someone once said that eyes are the window to the soul and it is true your eyes will tell others a lot about your personality. If you have tired looking eyes or puffy, red ones people will be able to see that you are stressed. This may end up costing you all kinds of opportunities you may lose out on jobs, relationships and more. What this means is that you need to give your eyes special care especially as you grow older eyes tend to age faster than the rest of your body. You help you we have complied some tips. If you apply them consistently you can expect to have young, beautiful eyes for many years.
- Make sure that you see an eye doctor every two years. Many people will only see an optometrist when they absolutely have to this is not a healthy approach. Seeing an eye doctor on a regular basis will help you detect problems early and get them taken care of. Have your vision tested too if you suffer eye strain not only will you suffer headaches, your face will appear strained.
- You should try and eliminate stress as much as possible. Most of us are stressed by daily life work can be tough, relationships can be hard and even things like the commute can take their toll. You dont have to let this weigh you down. Try and find activities that will help you de-stress. You can do things such as yoga, going out with friends, spending time with family and make sure that you exercise on a regular basis.
- Dark circles are a common problem but there are many ways that you can take care of them. You can place cucumber slices on your eyes, mix cucumber, lemon, turmeric and potato into a paste and apply, use strawberries instead of cucumber slices there are plenty of recipes that you can use.
- The skin around your eyes is more sensitive than the skin on the rest of your face. This means that you must take special care of it. Creams and lotions that may be otherwise good for the rest of your face may be harmful to the skin around your eyes leading it to wrinkle or darken. Make sure that you buy special eye cream and apply it twice a day in the morning and right before bed. Be very careful about cleansers they can be very damaging. That said, there are special cleansers and toners that are designed for the area around the eyes.
- Your diet should be full of vitamins if you want to have bright and good looking eyes. There are certain fruits that are especially beneficial to eye health. Load up on apricot, avocado, orange, cantaloupe, strawberries, papaya, grapes and guava.
- Over time your system accumulates toxins and these will affect the appearance of your eyes. It is very important to purge these toxins from time to time. There are many cleanses that you can use and you will find them online. The idea is to get off your current diet and take something liquid (some recommend fasting, it all depends on what you prefer) for at least 24 hours. Your blood will be cleared of the toxins and they will be secreted through the pores of your skin. Not only will you feel much better, your eyes and skin will improve a great deal.
- As your day progresses your eyes become tired especially if you work with computers. Take regular breaks and at least 3 or 4 times a day make sure to splash your eyes with pure, cold water.
These tips should help you maintain beautiful, glowing eyes.